Monday, February 6, 2012

The Giants Win Superbowl XLVI; Despite Gisele's pleas

The New York Giants, who have their home base in New Jersey, won Superbowl XLVI. When the New York Giants officially won the game, with 21 points to the Patriots 17 points, I felt like the happiest person on the face of the planet.

You see, I don't really like football. I try not to follow football, unless my home team, the Buffalo Bills actually win a football game or two. When they went to the Superbowl four times, and lost, I went back to not watching football, and not caring about the Superbowl. But when the Giants who did not do all that well for the overall season, suddenly found themselves at the Superbowl, I couldn't help myself. I found myself jumping up and down high- fiving my family, and smiling ever so happily at anyone within smiling distance.

But, I knew like the Giants also knew, they had to beat a winning team. All the stats were in place; Tom Brady is the Patriots quarterback, Tom Brady is only 34 years old, and has already won I believe three other Superbowl's.Tom Brady is married to Gisele, who is a wealthy supermodel.

Then when Gisele made her public plea for all of Tom Brady's and Gisele's friends and family members to pray for Tom to win the Superbowl, quite frankly that's when football became interesting to me again. Suddenly  I wanted the New England Patriots to lose the Superbowl. And why? Because good looking, Tom Brady and his not so pretty supermodel wife ever so desperately wanted a big win. (Yes, I agree, I am catty!)

Suddenly I wanted Eli Manning and his football team to win.Why? Because Eli and his famous football playing brothers did not ask us to all but Tebow for their teams when it came to the Superbowl. Because Eli's wife is very pretty, and is not a famous supermodel who struts on the catwalk in lingerie.
It's as simple as that. I wanted Eli Manning and the Giants to win, because they were the underdogs going into the Superbowl, and they had a more down to earth quarterback and a more down to earth team.

The New York Giants did not have a supermodel asking people to pray for her husband to win the Superbowl for the fourth time. Gisele made it sound like Brady needed the win as badly as some people need to have a liver transplant to survive to live to see the next decade.
That's why, I for one as I'm certain many other American women are very happy the New York Giants won the Superbowl.

So next year, can we please keep the Superbowl more down to earth, and keep the supermodels at home, or at least stick to football being about the game? Copyright 2012, (c), written by professional author, Kate Johns.

3 comments:

In A Nutshell said...

I did not watch nor do I care for football. Besides, all I had to do was follow my FB time line to know what was going on. This is a good post, I just heard of what went on, and i agree.

Conny said...

I fully agree with you Kate. I'm a Belgian, living in Canada, but I love the Giants.
I only watched the game with "half an eye", because watching it start to finish would have made me too nervous.
I was soooooooooo pleased when the Giants won the game, sending Tom Brady and his ugly wife packing.
Honestly, how that woman can be a supermodel is beyond me.

KT1 WRITES said...

I don't like football, but I had to watch. I just wanted to see how stupid Gisele would look. Sure enough she looked dumb!! And then what the she said later was even better. Not seeing their relationship lasting with her big mouth spouting off!!