Monday, November 7, 2011

Thanksgiving: Creating a I am thankful for list by Kate Johns

After seeing a friend of mine, her daily Facebook posts of what she is thankful for in her life, I thought, I don't have a family like that, so I guess I don't have anything to be grateful for. My friend is telling all of her Facebook friends, and her family that she is thankful for different things every day of November. I tried  doing a thankful for list last year, but ran out of things to fill up the entire month of November.
My friend said she is grateful for her two brothers, her husband, her two sisters in law, and she told everyone why she is grateful for having these people in her life.Written by Kate Johns

After seeing my friend's Thanksgiving thankful for posts on Facebook everyday, I have to say, I felt she is so lucky to have such a wonderful, giving, loving family. Then, I felt kind of depressed because I never had the experience of having a big family, with terrific sisters in law.

Thinking of a thankful  list, will make you feel , simply put, more thankful, and grateful. You will feel happier about your life. You will be placed into a better frame of mind to handle whatever lies ahead for you. If you are unemployed, depressed, or estranged from family or friends, think of all the good things you have in your life, and each day will feel better.You will enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas once you are in a better state of mind.

Here's my I am thankful for list for 2011:

1. My husband---he's my source of strength. Generally he is a great guy.
2. My two kids
3. My Mom
4. My Dad---who died 19 years ago, but I still love and miss him.
5. My Brother, who died two years ago, but despite his problems always had a natural happiness about him.
6. Being alive
7. Every new day
8. Being able to appreciate every day.
9. Speaking of appreciating every day----bright, sunny, blue sky kind of days
10. Summertime
11. My mother and father in law.
12. Love of writing.
13. Nature's beautiful splendor
14. Music---all kinds, not just one in particular.
15. Old friends
16. New experiences
17. The Internet
18. Being able to walk again.
19. A beautiful, pinkish, purplish sunset.
20. Seeing the world through the eyes of a child.
21. Hugs
22. My son's awesome sense of humor.
23. My son's girlfriend.

By the way, if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving in your neck of the woods, try creating a thankful for list anyways. It will make you feel better about your life, even helping you to de-stress. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Copyright 2011.

No comments: